The beliefs and doctrine of Tanilba CRC (A Member of The Christian Reformed Church of Australia) are based on the Holy Bible, God’s infallible written Word contained in the 66 books the Old and New Testaments.
We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts.
It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks (And we believe that it speaks about everything).
Read: A Vision for our Church
Beliefs: Doctrinal Standards (Christian Reformed Churches of Australia – Beliefs: Doctrinal Standards (crca.org.au))
Beliefs: Ecumenical Creeds (Christian Reformed Churches of Australia – Beliefs: Ecumenical Creeds (crca.org.au))
Child Safe is a church wide program that provides standards, training, resources and an online data base to manage a church’s people and programs.
The system has a strong emphasis on preventing the maltreatment of children and responding appropriately when child abuse comes to light.
Child Safe also assists us in planning safe activities and programs using a risk management framework.
In addition to outlining how we provide safety for children and how we respond to complaints, the system covers a broad range of topics such as:
- Screening and recruiting.
- Duty of care issues, with a code of practice for working with children and young people.
- Supervision and work within a safe team.
- Signs and indicators of child abuse, responding sensitively to disclosure of abuse.
- Dealing with suspicions, disclosures and allegations relating to child protection issues.
- Transportation and water-based activities as a particular risk focus.
- Hygiene, medical safety, infection, food handling.
- Accident and incident reporting, processing and analysis.
- An Emergency Response process.
Child Safety Resources
- Our Church Protocol for Child Safety
- Additional Child Safe Resources
- The Protection and Safety of Children and Young People
This document gives guidance to the churches in carrying out our legal and pastoral responsibilities when working with children and young people.
If you have any questions about our child safety policies and procedures, please contact us